Saturday, May 8, 2010

No matter how bad the mood..


So, the main shutoff tap for my water is leaking. This tap is located right beside the hot water tank which is in the wall between the bathroom and the master bedroom. In short, my master bedroom is being turned into a swamp. I can't afford groceries this month - I'm not sure how I'm supposed to cover plumbing emergency. (Okay, I do know how, I add it to my growing list of things I'm paying for by the month.)

Mr. Rooter wanted a $100 travel fee just to come to my house. This was on top of the service call fee and everything else. They were somewhat surprised when I said "No." Their office is 20 minutes from me. Why the hell would I pay them $100 to travel that far to charge me $80+ an hour in work, minimum of an hour billed? I decided to start calling local plumbers instead. I'm waiting for them to call me back.

Needless to say, I wasn't in an a very happy place while waiting for said phone calls. I went into Sage's room to bug her. I figure misery shared is misery halfed. She let me sit there and talk to her while stroking her nose. I started to feel better; less stressed and more cheerful. She then even tooth purred for me before she seemed to realize she was being affectionate and social. Once she realized that she tossed her head and disappeared under the table.

But still, I feel better. Even if I'm still waiting on plumbers to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment