Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nurse Sage.



Last night I went from feeling 'kinda grungy' to full on out flu. At one point I gave up walking back and forth from my bedroom down the hall and just pulled my comforter into the bathroom and slept on the floor. I woke up at one point to Sage nose bonking me. I told her I'm okay (I'm such a liar) and she snorted and backed out of the bathroom. I'm not sure how long she sat in the hallway watching me, probably right up until the next round of loud, unusual, noises.

I typically sleep in the spare bedroom. Its a smaller bed, softer and closer to the ground so it's easier for me to get in and out of. It's only when I'm sick do I sleep in the master bedroom and the ginormous, high, queen sized bed. Some point after dawn me and my comforter (that looks like two rabbits used it as their favourite chew toy) crawled into the master bedroom.It's right beside the bathroom. A very important consideration.

I woke up a few times to stumble back to the bathroom and go back to bed. One of my trips back to bed, possibly around 10:00, I found a small pile of hay on my pillow. I picked it up to move it to the bedside table when I spotted a little white nose peering from the far side of the bed. She was stretched almost as tall as she could to see over the bed, paws resting on the covers. So, I pretended to eat some hay and lay down. Sage did a happy bunny head toss and clambered up on the bed to meatloaf at the small of my back.

As far as nurses go, she's not a terrible one even if she doesn't quite understand this whole vomitting thing. (Bunnies can't vomit once food hits their stomach) She has yet to once say 'Eh, its not gushing blood or broken, you'll live.'

No comments:

Post a Comment